Tuesday 19 May 2015

Natural History Museum

Last wednesday mum and I went to the Natural History Museum. I had been before in the first week I was here but still managed to find things I hadn't seen last time!




Anyone who knows me knows I love animals, skulls and taxidermy. And seeing as mum loves fossils we thought it would be the perfect place to go. I had seen a lot of it last time I went but completely missed the birds area! I loved seeing all the old Victorian taxidermy. Even though it also makes me a little sad seeing the huge amount of stuffed animals collected by the Victorians, they have done amazing scientific research and the Natural History Museum really shows that.

I loved the old bird prints and how they looked at the way the feathers sit and the wings move and seeing the skulls and dinosaurs, so much inspiration there!














No comments:

Post a Comment