Sunday 26 April 2015

The first two weeks.

I've been in London nearly two weeks now! It seems like a long time but it has flown by.
I arrived by coach on wednesday the 15th and was picked up by Lauren, the lovely girl I'm renting my room from in Canning Town. 


The morning after was my first day at the Print Club. I got there at ten and met up with Kiera and Elliot, who I had been emailing with about my internship there. They were really nice and I got to work straight away. There was a screenprinting workshop that day and I got to help the studio technicians, together with another girl Lilly. It was great helping out the people at the workshop and at the same time getting a little reminder myself exactly how screenprinting works. My hands are itching already to get going and start printing myself. 
The print club has a great environment, besides the workshops there are always artists working in the screenprinting studio and in the artist's studio's next door. There is a really laid back atmosphere and I felt really at home there. 




The next few days I did some sightseeing and drawing across London. I met a really nice girl Carijn on the bus and we met up at the weekend too to do some touristy stuff. Walked acoss the Thames, took pictures at the Big Ben and had a really good night out in Camden. It all felt a bit surreal to be honest, but I was glad that I had people around me because I knew it probably won't be like that all the time. Sunday me and Lauren went to Choccywoccydoodah cafe, a place I had always wanted to go! It didn't dissapoint, the cakes were amazing and real works of art. Also had the best hot chocolate ever there!



After the weekend it was back to work at the Print Club, helping with another workshop and sorting out the screens and other general maintenance. Also I went to the Natural History Museum, Tate Modern and the Sherlocked convention, which I will do seperate posts about! 

The coming week I will be going to the Pick Me Up festival, a graphic design and illustration festival at Somerset house, doing some screenprinting at the Print Club and finding some more places to draw in London. So more posts and illustrations to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment